Cancellation Within Eight Days
5G Xi "crossy" FOMA
Improvement of acceptance system for cancellation within eight days
DOCOMO has improved the acceptance system for cancellation within eight days as a result of receiving an administrative directive from the Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications due to failure to process cancellation within eight days when the contract duplicate copy has been signed. For more details, refer to Improvement of Acceptance System for Cancellation within Eight Days (in Japanese only).
The following describes the procedure to cancel your subscription within eight days.
Customers who carried out any of the following procedures.*1
- Newly subscribed to a 5G, Xi, or FOMA service
- Changed the subscription from a FOMA service to Xi service, from a FOMA service to 5G service, from a Xi service to FOMA service, or from a 5G service to Xi service
- Changed the billing plan or apply for a discount service
(A customer who carried out the procedure to change the billing plan and apply for a discount service is not eligible for cancellation within eight days for the reason of the signal reception state.)
Any concluded sales agreement for a device (mobile phone and its accessories and any other products purchased at the same time), etc. that was concluded pertaining to a procedure above will also be cancelled together with the subscription.
Please check the following Charges to Be Paid and Notes in advance of giving notice of cancellation within eight days.
- Some customers with a subscription under the name of company will not be eligible for the cancellation within eight days.
Notification Procedure and Where to Notify
The notification procedure differs depending on the reason for notification and the subscription conditions.
Notify DOCOMO via one of the following, within eight days of carrying out a procedure (including the day of carrying out the procedure)*2*3
- However, if the date of receiving the application form duplicate copy was on or after the day following the day the procedure was carried out, the period will be within eight days from the day that the application form duplicate copy was received (including the day of receiving the contract).
- If you carried out an applicable procedure in the period from Wednesday, May 18, 2016, to Sunday, July 2, 2017, please notify DOCOMO via one of the following, regardless of the length of time that has passed since the procedure was carried out.
|Reason for notification||Where to notify|
|(1) If the signal reception was inadequate||From DOCOMO mobile phones: 113 (toll free, in Japanese only)
From landline phones etc.: 0120-800-000 (in Japanese only)
Business hours: 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. (open all year round)
We offer solutions for improving signal reception.
If signal reception has not been improved, please refer to our contact information in (2).
|(2) If the conditions were inadequate for legal compliance
- You will need to visit the shop, etc. where you carried out the procedure.
- If you subscribed via docomo Online Shop, the reason for notifying of cancellation within eight days can only be "contract not received.".
Charges to Be Paid
Monthly flat-rate charges (basic plan, Packet Pack, discount services, option service usage charges, etc.), which will be calculated on a per-diem basis for the period up until the day before the day of the contract cancellation, and all usage charges (voice/data communications charges, content charges, international service usage charges, etc.) must be paid.
- If your mobile phone has malfunctioned, you will not be eligible for cancellation within eight days as repairs will need to be made based on the warranty.
- To return your device (mobile phone and its accessories and any other products purchased at the same time), you will need to visit the DOCOMO retailer where you purchased it. Returning of the device may not be accepted depending on the condition of the mobile phone (water exposure, damage, etc.).
- If you newly subscribed using Mobile Number Portability, your DOCOMO mobile phone service subscription will be cancelled but your subscription will not be restored to that of the mobile phone carrier used before you newly subscribed to the DOCOMO mobile phone service subscription. You will need to make the arrangements yourself.
- If you require a new mobile phone or other device after cancelling your subscription, please obtain one by yourself.
- Please note that any mobile phone that was collected by DOCOMO using a trade-in program, etc. cannot be returned.