5G Xi "crossy" FOMA
This page introduces procedures for applying for a new subscription with DOCOMO, items required for the procedures, and points to note.
- Be sure to check Prevention of Improper Use of Mobile Phones Initiative in advance.
- For customers subscribed to the ahamo billing plan, refer to ahamo Application Process.
- For customers who want to switch their carrier to DOCOMO right away using MNP, check Procedures for Switching from Another Carrier to DOCOMO with Mobile Number Portability (MNP).
- Contract handling fee
- ¥3,300 (incl. tax)
* The contract handling fee is not applied when using the docomo Online Shop.
For customers aged 80 or older who are considering purchasing a mobile handset
We ask that customers aged 80 or older be accompanied by family members when they visit.
If you visit a docomo Shop alone to switch carriers, the shop may contact a family member by phone. For this reason, please be sure to inform your family member of the time of your visit in advance. If you do not want us to contact your family by phone, visit a shop after first consulting with your family.
Persons eligible for application
In the case of making a new subscription under a personal name, the application must be made by the subscriber. An application cannot be accepted from a representative (except for a member of the subscriber's family).
|If the subscriber and the user are different people||
|If an application made by a family member of the subscriber||
Prepare the following in addition to the above.
- Holders of a d ACCOUNT (no mobile phone) under their personal name may use their accumulated points for purchasing a new device, etc. by requesting at the time of subscribing.
How to Apply at docomo Online Shop
The following is the guide to procedures at docomo Online Shop.
How to Apply at a docomo Shop/d garden
The following is the guide to procedures at a docomo Shop/d garden.
STEP 1: Shop Appointment
Before visiting a docomo Shop/d garden, please make a shop appointment.
Please refer to Procedures for items required for application.
- d ACCOUNT is required to make a Shop Appointment.
- d ACCOUNT is a free common ID that can be easily made without a subscription to a DOCOMO line.
STEP 2: Product selection and purchase procedure
Please select the model and any optional products you would like to purchase from the products displayed in the shop. Selecting products and plans you want to consider beforehand makes the procedure smoother. Once you have selected a product, the procedure for a new subscription will start.
Refer to the following for the latest product information, product news, and support information. On the product page, you can reserve a product by specifying it and selecting a product pickup store from docomo Shops and mass retailers.
If you want to change your billing plan as well, please let the shop staff know.
Mobile Device Protection Service
The following is an introduction to Mobile Device Protection Service, a service you can apply for when purchasing a model. We recommend this service to prepare for cases of damage, water exposure, theft, or loss.
STEP 3: Checking application details and receiving product
The staff will confirm the application details with you.
If the details are correct, you will receive the product, and the procedure for new subscription will be complete.
Notes on Procedures
- If any details (such as subscriber's name, address, contact information, or unpaid balances) provided in subscription application or otherwise stated are falsified or if the details provided are incomplete resulting in undeliverable subscription confirmation documents or other such postal mail, then service related to the contract in question may be suspended and such contract may be cancelled.
- If the service contract is cancelled due to overdue charges, other carriers will be notified in accordance with provisions stipulated in the terms of contract.
- When signing up for new mobile phone service, you can choose the last four digits of your phone number with our Phone Number Selection Service. You cannot apply for this service at docomo Online Shop.
- If you select to purchase a mobile phone in installments, you will need to apply for a separate DOCOMO installment payment contract (individual credit purchase brokerage contract or installment sale contract). The various terms and conditions can be found in the DOCOMO installment payment contract (individual credit purchase brokerage contract or installment sale contract).
Prevention of Improper Use of Mobile Phones Initiative
- In accordance with the Act for Prevention of Improper Use of Mobile Phones (effective as of April 1, 2006), DOCOMO is required to confirm the subscriber's identity with original identification documents as specified by DOCOMO and make a record of that confirmation. Even subscribers who already have a subscription with DOCOMO are required to confirm their identity with original identification documents. You are not permitted to transfer ownership of the docomo UIM Card (FOMA Card) used for the subscription to another party without notifying DOCOMO.
- In order to prevent mobile phone subscriptions that have been illicitly obtained with forged documents verifying identity from being used in bank transfer scams and other crimes, DOCOMO may determine that it is necessary to confirm the validity of the documents verifying identity (such as a Japanese driver's license) presented by the subscriber at the time of subscription. In such case, we may provide the issuing authority (police agencies, etc.) with the information of that document (Japanese driver's license, etc.) to confirm its validity. We ask for your understanding in our efforts to prevent bank transfer scams and other crime.
- In order to prevent large numbers of improper subscriptions under the same name, individuals are generally limited to a maximum of five line subscriptions, including currently active subscription lines, subscription lines for which the phone numbers are stored, and inactive subscription lines, under the same personal name for each line type determined by DOCOMO.