Billing and Payment of Charges
Information on the billing schedule for charges, how to confirm your usage charges, and the payment methods.
Billing for Charges
Basic monthly charges and voice call, communications, and other charges are billed the month following the month of use.
Table of Billing schedule Details of bill Monthly charges and voice call, communications, and other charges are billed the month following the month of use. In the case of docomo Hikari Denwa, only the voice call and communications charges are billed two months after the month of use. Sending of monthly usage charges notice and bill, etc. They will be issued sequentially between the 10th and the 18th of each month. Payment due date The last day of the month (if the last day is a Saturday, Sunday, or national holiday, the next business day) in which the bill is issued.
Example: Billing schedule for March usage
- Sending of monthly usage charges notice and bill, etc.: Between April 10 and 18
- Payment due (automatic payment date): April 30 (end of month)
For example, billing for March usage is...
For customers who pay charges by automatic payment or bill, If the amount charged for an odd month is less than ¥5,000 (incl. tax), it will be charged along with the billing for the following month (an even month).
Single Billing Service
This service adds the billing amounts for multiple lines and bills the total amount as a single bill, etc.
Billing source of monthly usage charges
Monthly usage charges will be billed from NTT FINANCE.
- NTT FINANCE is a wholly owned company of the NTT Group that provides billing and collection services.
Points to note regarding billing
- If charges are exceptionally high compared to your normal usage, we may notify you of this before billing for charges.
- You may be billed early depending on usage conditions.
- If a payment is not confirmed after the payment deadline has elapsed, a "Notice of use suspension" may be sent in some cases.
How to Confirm Charges
You can check your usage for the current month and past four months on "Usage Charges (My docomo)".
For details, refer to Usage Charges Confirmation.
- Customers who have selected automatic payment or credit card payment (in Japanese only) and customers who are subscribed to the ahamo billing plan are generally required to check their charges online through e-billing. If you prefer to receive a billing statement on paper, an issuance fee will be incurred.
For usage statements for d CARD and d-Barai, please check the following.
Confirmation by paper billing statement
Issuance fees will be charged for the use of this service.
- For contributing to carbon neutrality of society as a whole with customers, DOCOMO works on initiatives to reduce the greenhouse gas emissions arising from its business activities effectively to zero by 2030 based on our "2030 Carbon Neutrality Declaration". Please consider to use environment friendly e-billing which allows you to check your charges online for free.
Table of Confirmation through paper billing statement Payment method Notice method Issuance fee per bill With Billing Plan (Gigaho, etc.)*1 subscription Without Billing Plan (Gigaho, etc.)*1 subscription Paying by automatic payment Automatic payment notice ¥55 (incl. tax) ¥110 (incl. tax) Paying by credit card Usage charge notice ¥55 (incl. tax) ¥110 (incl. tax) Paying by bill Bill ¥110 (incl. tax) ¥165 (incl. tax)
Issuance fees will be charged to customers who have a subscription for 5G, Xi, FOMA, or WideStar II*2*3. Note that this also applies when the party of billing communications service charges is NTT DOCOMO or NTT FINANCE*4.
- U15 Hajimete Sumaho Plan (5GB), U15 Hajimete Sumaho Plan (10GB), home 5G, 5G Gigaho Premier, Gigaho Premier, 5G Hajimete Sumaho Plan, Hajimete Sumaho Plan, 5G Gigaho, 5G Gigalight, 5G Data Plus, Gigaho 2, Gigalight 2, Keitai Plan 2, Data Plus 2, Gigaho, Gigalight, Kids Keitai Plan, and Data Plus.
- In the case of a single billing service subscription, this applies for the billing group representative line.
- Issuance fees do not apply for the following customers. In addition, issuance fees will not apply if paper-based information is provided due to circumstances at DOCOMO.
- Customers with subscriptions for the following services
Hearty Discount, Braille billing notices, Usage Charge Management Service, Device Plus 300, Device Plus 500, Kids Keitai Plus, Kids Keitai Plan, Kids Keitai Plan2, LTE Ubiquitous Plan S, LTE Ubiquitous Plan M, LTE Ubiquitous Flat, LTE Ubiquitous Plan S (High-speed option), LTE Ubiquitous Plan M (High-speed option), FOMA Ubiquitous Plan S, FOMA Ubiquitous Plan M, Flat-Rate Ubiquitous Plan, transceiver Plan, Location Information Dedicated Plan, IoT Plan, IoT Plan HS, LPWA Plan SS, and LPWA Plan S
- Customers with docomo Hikari (no pair line) subscription
- Customers with docomo Hikari (with pair line) subscription who are billed separately for docomo Hikari and pair line
- Customers without subscriptions for the following services (except when subscribed to home 5G)
Providers offered by DOCOMO (sp-mode, i-mode, mopera U, and BlackBerry Internet Service)
- Customers with docomo Denki (no pair line) subscription
- Customers with docomo Denki (with pair line) subscription who are billed separately for docomo Denki and pair line
- Our issuance fees will not apply for customers using NTT FINANCE single billing. Issuance fees charged by NTT FINANCE can be checked on the NTT FINANCE's website (in Japanese only).
Reading Your Bill and Itemized Billing Statement and Other Notices
The following explains how to read bills, itemized billing statements, and other notices related to charges that are delivered to you.
For details on payment methods and procedures, refer to the page of each payment method.
- Payment by Automatic Payment (Application and Change)
- Payment by Credit Card (Application and Change) (in Japanese only)
- Paying by Bill
- Paying without a Bill
For those subscribing under a personal name, only payment by credit card or bank transfer is available.
- Notice from DOCOMO [July 18, 2014] (in Japanese only)
Useful Notification Services
We provide a useful notification service for checking and managing monthly charges and data usage.