- 2007/02/09NTT DoCoMo Achieves World's First 5Gbps Packet Transmission in 4G Field Experiment
TOKYO, JAPAN, February 9, 2007 --- NTT DoCoMo, Inc. announced today that it achieved a maximum packet transmission rate of approximately 5Gbps in the downlink using 100MHz frequency bandwidth to a mobile station moving at 10km/h. The field experiment of fourth-generation (4G) radio access took place in Yokosuka, Kanagawa Prefecture on December 25, 2006.
- 2007/02/08NTT DoCoMo, Renesas, Fujitsu, Mitsubishi Electric, Sharp, and Sony Ericsson to Jointly Develop Platform for 3G Mobile Phone Handsets
TOKYO, February 8, 2007 NTT DoCoMo, Inc., Renesas Technology Corp., Fujitsu Limited, Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, Sharp Corporation, and Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications, today announced that they plan to jointly develop a next-generation mobile phone platform for dual-mode handsets supporting HSDPA/W-CDMA (3G) and GSM/GPRS/EDGE (2G). Development of the platform is targeted to complete during Q2, FY2008 (July-September).
- 2007/02/06NTT DoCoMo and Fuel Cell Firm Aquafairy Sign New Basic Agreement
TOKYO, JAPAN, February 6, 2007 --- NTT DoCoMo, Inc. announced today that it has signed a new basic agreement with Aquafairy Co. to strengthen the joint R&D system for development of handset rechargers using Aquafairy's hydrogen fuel cell technology.
- 2006/10/31NTT DoCoMo Formulates New Terminal Specifications to Enable Any OS or Application to be Added
TOKYO, JAPAN, October 31, 2006 --- NTT DoCoMo, Inc. announced today new terminal specifications, developed jointly with Intel Corporation, that will enable mobile phones to be customized with additional desired operating system or application.
- 2006/10/13New Middleware Platform Enables Interactive Communication Between Mobile Phones and Sensor Networks
TOKYO, JAPAN, October 13, 2006 -- NTT DoCoMo, Inc. (Headquarters: Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, Japan), and Hewlett-Packard Company(Headquarters: Palo Alto, California, U.S.A.) today announced they have been conducting joint research with the goals of developing a new application platform to interconnect cellular telephone systems and sensor networks and the development of a prototype of new middleware platform. Designed to work with networks found in homes and businesses that utilize sensors relying on a variety of transmission methods (hereafter, 'sensor networks'), the Sensor Network Middleware Platform enables interactive communication between those networks and mobile phones.
- 2006/09/29NTT DoCoMo Co-Develops Portable 3D Display System
TOKYO, JAPAN, September 29, 2006 --- NTT DoCoMo, Inc. announced today that it has co-developed a portable, seven-inch 3D display system with Associate Professor Yasuhiro Takagi of Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology. Both still images and video can be viewed in 3D without special glasses, and unlike similar displays, the images are visible off-center vertically, as well as horizontally.
- 2006/07/14NTT DoCoMo and Aquafairy to Develop Micro Polymer Electrolyte Fuel Cell for FOMA Handsets
TOKYO, JAPAN, July 14, 2006 --- NTT DoCoMo, Inc. and Aquafairy Co. announced today that they agreed to jointly develop a micro fuel cell for 3G FOMATM handsets. This agreement follows their successful development of a polymer electrolyte fuel cell (PEFC) that has proven effective in a prototype recharger.
- 2006/07/07NTT DoCoMo to Request Proposals for Super 3G Equipment
TOKYO, JAPAN, July 7, 2006 --- NTT DoCoMo, Inc. announced that starting today it will accept proposals from suppliers for development of equipment for Super 3G base stations and handsets.
- 2006/06/15Mobile Industry Leaders to Create World's First Globally Adopted Open Mobile Linux Platform
June 15, 2006 --- Motorola, NEC, NTT DoCoMo, Panasonic Mobile Communications, Samsung Electronics, and Vodafone announced today their intent to establish the world's first global, open Linux-based software platform for mobile devices.