What is the i-mode Password?
It is the password to use when subscribing or unsubscribing to/from i-mode fee-based sites, configuring mail settings, and performing other operations.
i-mode password setting at the time of purchase
 You can change the i-mode password to any 4-digit number from your i-mode handset.
How to Change Your i-mode Password
Changing via i-mode
You can perform the operation yourself from iMenu → (Customer support) → (Various settings [confirm, change, use]) → (Change i-mode password).
If You Forget Your i-mode Password
The following methods can be used to reset the i-mode password to the default setting of .
1. Resetting the i-mode password via (docomo Online Application) by i-mode.
iMenu → (Customer support) → (Applications/procedures) → (docomo Online Application)
- A network PIN is required to reset the i-mode password.
2. Resetting the i-mode password via My docomo
(My docomo log in) → (Subscription details/procedures) → (docomo Online Application)
- d ACCOUNT in addition to a network PIN are required to reset the i-mode password.
3. Resetting the i-mode password at your nearest docomo Shop
Visit a nearby docomo Shop and take a document such as your Japanese driver's license with you to verify your identity.
- Please note that the docomo Shop may not be able to process your request in the following case.
- The shop cannot verify your identity as the subscriber.
When to Enter Your i-mode Password
You are required to enter your i-mode password when using the services or performing the operations below that require security.
- Register/Un-register My Menu
- Message Service
- Subscribing and unsubscribing to/from i-mode fee-based services
- Changing your mail address
- Registering a secret code
- Mail rejection (reject all, reject designated, receive designated)
- Suspending mail functions