Offering a Replacement Phone
This service covers you against various kinds of trouble including water exposure, damage and loss, and can be used up to twice a year.
If you experience issues with your device, we will offer a replacement phone (refurbished product) within two days from when the application was made.
Water exposure, damage beyond repair, loss, theft, breakage, and malfunction
Flow for Using the Services
Delivery of a replacement phone
A replacement phone will be delivered within two days from when the application was made whether it be your home or office.
- Only from a docomo Feature Phone or docomo Smartphone.
- The number may not be accessible from some IP phones.
- Delivery of a replacement phone within one or two days may not be possible for some areas such as remote islands or because of factors such as the application timing and delivery conditions.
- Please apply for compensation within 30 days of the trouble occurring. In case of theft or loss, please apply after suspending service and notifying the police. (DOCOMO may confirm information such as the notification receipt number issued by the police, person who accepted the notification, name of the police station where the notification was accepted, and the date and time.)
Please send the old phone to DOCOMO within 10 days including the compensation application reception date specified in "Replacement Phone Delivery Information". Be sure to check notes about return in "Service Guidelines", which is supplied with the replacement phone.
If you would like to transfer data from your old phone, please do so yourself before sending it.
- If the SIM was unlocked on the phone that was experiencing issues, the replacement phone will generally be provided with the SIM unlocked.
If you apply for delivery of a replacement phone via Web (My docomo), you will get a 10% discount on the subscriber's expenses.
Maximum Number of Uses (Compensations) and Expenses
You can apply for compensation for your phone up to twice a year and will be charged separate expenses when applying.
Based on the dates that compensation was claimed for the model used by the subscriber, if compensation has already been claimed twice in the past year, compensation will not be provided. The number of compensation claims will not be reset in the following cases:
- If you change your model, subscription, or applicable phone, or cancel this service
- If you change the service between Mobile Device Protection & Delivery Service, Mobile Device Protection Service, Mobile Device Protection Service for iPhone & iPad, and Smart Anshin Hoshou
- If you continue this service even after line cancellation
- If you cancel the compensation service while using a DOCOMO line, change the model before canceling the line, cancel the line, and subscribe to the service again within 14 days
- If you have already applied for compensation through Smart Anshin Hoshou for the same device under the same name
- The number of compensation claims includes compensation granted through Mobile Device Protection & Delivery Service, Mobile Device Protection Service, or Mobile Device Protection Service for iPhone & iPad.
- The number will not be reset even if you cancel the service and subscribe to it again.
- The date you use the service for your phone will be the starting date for the one-year period.
- Compensation was granted through Mobile Device Protection & Delivery Service, Mobile Device Protection Service, or Mobile Device Protection Service for iPhone & iPad.
- Smart Anshin Hoshou (compensation for your phone) was used.
The subscriber's expenses vary depending on Smart Anshin Hoshou, your model, and number of times the service was used.
- If you are not able to send your old phone to DOCOMO, you will be required to pay a penalty for breach of contract.
Monthly charge Subscriber's Expenses Penalty charge 1st time 2nd time ¥330 ¥5,500 ¥44,000 ¥550 ¥8,250 ¥66,000 ¥605 ¥825 ¥12,100 ¥88,000 ¥880 ¥990 ¥132,000 ¥1,100
- If a refurbished product (B product) is selected as a replacement phone or if the device eligible for compensation is docomo Certified (a DOCOMO certified second-hand product), the subscriber's expenses will be ¥4,400 (incl. tax).
Replacement Phone (Refurbished products)
Item Refurbished products Refurbished products (B Products) Overview Refurbished products are phones collected from customers that have been repaired, had their covers replaced, and undergone quality checks, and then reset to the same state as a new product. These are recovered phones that have been collected from customers. Based on docomo standards, the phones have been cleaned, the data removed, and the software initialized without changing the outer cover.
- Some devices may have visible blemishes due to use that do not affect the function of the device.
Exterior Exchange Don't exchange Initialization Implement Implement Subscriber's expenses From ¥5,500 (incl. tax) to ¥12,100 (incl. tax)* ¥4,400 (incl. tax) Applicable models AndroidTM, iPhone, iPad AndroidTM, docomo Certified (a DOCOMO certified second-hand product)
- For details, please refer to the PDF documents below.
Guide to Ienaka Kiki Hoshou Included with Smart Anshin Hoshou [PDF format:712KB] (in Japanese only)
Guide to Sumaho Fusei Kessai Hoshou Included with Smart Anshin Hoshou [PDF format:760KB] (in Japanese only)
- If the device eligible for compensation is docomo Certified (a DOCOMO certified second-hand product), a refurbished product (B product) will be offered.
Refurbished products (B Products)
- The actual color, shape, etc. of the phone may differ.
- Refurbished products (B Products) are limited in quantity. You may be unable to select this option if we have run out of stock.
- You will be guided about our Refurbished Products (B Products) on Online Application or Smart Anshin Hoshou Center, where stock information can be verified.
Online Application (in Japanese only)
Smart Anshin Hoshou Center
- Due to the nature of Refurbished Products (B Products), we cannot replace phones or cancel your compensation service due to blemishes on replacement phones.
- Another Refurbished Product (B Product) will be sent when resending a phone to replace a malfunctioning replacement phone.
- The other content of the compensation service*9 will be the same as a refurbished product.
- Please note that use of the phone may be restricted by methods such as locking the device in cases that fall under the term of service such as application for compensation due to loss or theft. Furthermore, DOCOMO shall bear no responsibility for damages etc. incurred by the subscriber or third parties from such restriction of use.
- The old phone you send to DOCOMO will usually be refurbished and used as a replacement phone with the service.
- If you are not able to send your old phone to DOCOMO, you will be required to pay a penalty for breach of contract. If your old phone was lost or stolen, please send your phone to the location designated by DOCOMO should it be found.
- Please delete all data stored on your old phone that can be deleted before sending it to DOCOMO. (Data includes phonebook, sent and received mail, photos, and other personal data, data related to e-money and points in the IC card [if you use "Osaifu-Keitai" compatible services], data for individual services, and other data.)
Automatic d ACCOUNT setting (only for Android compatible handsets sold in or after May 2018)
- The d ACCOUNT linked to the applied line subscription is automatically set to the replacement phone for the first 14 days from the compensation service start date.
- If the replacement phone is lost before the automatic setting, use Omakase Lock or stop using the phone immediately.
- If you transfer the replacement phone to any third party, be sure to initialize the phone after the automatic d ACCOUNT setting as the assignee may be able to see your information.
- Apple, the Apple Logo, AirPlay, AirPods, Apple Music, Apple Pay, Apple Pencil, Apple TV, Apple Watch, Ceramic Shield, Dynamic Island, Face ID, FaceTime, iBooks, iPad, iPhone, iTunes, Lightning, Magic Keyboard, MagSafe, ProMotion, Siri, Touch ID, TrueDepth, True Tone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. The iPhone trademark is used under license from AiPhone Co., Ltd. App Store, Apple Arcade, AppleCare+, Apple TV+, iCloud are service marks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. TM and © 2023 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
- Android is a trademark or registered trademark of Google LLC.
In order to view PDF files, you must have the Adobe® Reader® plug-in offered free of charge from Adobe Systems, Inc. When viewing the PDF files with Adobe® Acrobat®, use version 10 or later.