AppleCare+ for iPhone and AppleCare+ for Theft & Loss
Protect your iPhone with AppleCare+.
Every iPhone comes with one year of hardware repair coverage through its limited warranty and 90 days of complimentary tech support. Both AppleCare+ and AppleCare+ with Theft and Loss provide hardware repair coverage, priority access to Apple experts for tech support, and unlimited incidents of accidental damage coverage. You can also get up to two incidents of theft or loss coverage every 12 months, when you choose AppleCare+ with Theft and Loss. Each incident is subject to a service fee of ¥3,700 (tax inclusive) for screen or back glass damage, or ¥12,900 (tax inclusive) for other damage, theft, or loss.*1
Theft and loss coverage requires you to have Find My enabled on your device at the time it is lost or stolen and throughout the claims process.*1
Service and support, all in one stop
- Priority access to Apple experts by chat or phone
- Same-day service in most major metropolitan areas worldwide*1
- Express Replacement Service: Apple will ship you a replacement device so you don't have to wait for a repair*1
- Pick-up and delivery service: A courier picked up your iPhone from your home or office. Once the repair is complete, Apple will return it to you.
- Carry-in repair: Take your iPhone to an Apple Store or other Apple Authorized Service Provider
Hardware coverage that even covers accidents
- Your iPhone
- Included USB-C to Lightning cable
- Coverage for unlimited incidents of accidental damage and up to two incidents of theft or loss every 12 months, each subject to a service fee of ¥3,700 (tax inclusive) for screen or back glass damage, or ¥12,900 (tax inclusive) for other damage, theft, or loss*1
Answers to all your Apple software questions
- Using iOS and iCloud
- Software support for Apple-branded iPhone apps such as FaceTime, Mail, and Calendar
- Connecting to wireless networks
See Apple's website for details of AppleCare+.
How to Apply and Pay
You can apply at a docomo Shop, an docomo retailer, docomo Online Shop, ahamo site or an Apple Store. Available payment methods differ depending on the application service counter.
- docomo Certified (DOCOMO certified second-hand product) products are not eligible.
At docomo Shops/docomo retailers/docomo Online Shop/ahamo site
|¥1,580/month for 24 months, or ¥1,740/month for 24 months for theft & loss||iPhone 15 Pro, iPhone 15 Pro Max|
|¥1,380/month for 24 months, or ¥1,540/month for 24 months for theft & loss||iPhone 15 Plus|
|¥1,180/month for 24 months, or ¥1,340/month for 24 months for theft & loss||iPhone 15|
|¥1,350/month for 24 months, or ¥1,450/month for 24 months for theft & loss||iPhone 14 Plus|
|¥1,480/month for 24 months, or ¥1,600/month for 24 months for theft & loss||iPhone 14 Pro, iPhone 14 Pro Max|
|¥1,180/month for 24 months, or ¥1,280/month for 24 months for theft & loss||iPhone 14|
|¥1,045/month for 24 months, or ¥1,136/month for 24 months for theft & loss *¥1,152 only for 24th month||iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12 Pro Max, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone X|
|¥1,033/month for 24 months *¥1,041 only for 24th month, or ¥1,116/month for 24 months for theft & loss *¥1,132 only for 24th month||iPhone 13 Pro, iPhone 13 Pro Max|
|¥783/month for 24 months *¥791 only for 24th month, or ¥866/month for 24 months for theft & loss *¥882 only for 24th month||iPhone 13, iPhone 13 mini|
|¥770/month for 24 months, or ¥861/month for 24 months for theft & loss *¥877 only for 24th month||iPhone 12, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 11, iPhone XR, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6 Plus|
|¥678/month for 24 months *¥686 only for 24th month, or ¥770/month for 24 months for theft & loss||iPhone 8, iPhone 7, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6|
|¥586/month for 24 months *¥602 only for 24th month||iPhone SE (1st and 2nd generation) (applied for on or before Wednesday, April 15, 2020), iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c|
|¥403/month for 24 months *¥411 only for 24th month, or ¥495/month for 24 months for theft & loss||iPhone SE (1st and 2nd generation) (applied for on or after Thursday, April 16, 2020)|
|¥408/month for 24 months *¥416 only for 24th month, or ¥491/month for 24 months for theft & loss *¥507 only for 24th month||iPhone SE (3rd generation)|
Applications for AppleCare+ for iPhone and AppleCare+ for theft & loss above are only accepted at the same time as you purchase an iPhone.
If you would like to apply for AppleCare+ after purchasing an iPhone, please purchase AppleCare+ through one of the following methods within 30 days of purchasing an applicable model.
- Purchasing on your device (go to Settings > General > About and choose AppleCare+ Coverage Available.)
- Purchasing online on Apple's website (requires you to verify your serial number and run a remote diagnostic.)
- Purchasing at an Apple Retail Store (inspection of iPhone and proof of purchase are required.)
- Purchasing by calling 0120-277-535 (requires you to run a remote diagnostic and provide proof of purchase.)
For information about an application and purchase, visit Apple's website.
- Some shops cannot handle applications for AppleCare+ for iPhone and AppleCare+ for theft & loss.
- If you cancel your Xi subscription or 5G subscription, or apply for Storing Phone Number, AppleCare+ for iPhone and AppleCare+ for theft & loss will be automatically cancelled.
- Lump-sum payment is not accepted.
- If you subscribe to this service at a DOCOMO retail store, Smart Anshin Hoshou, Mobile Device Protection & Delivery Service, Mobile Device Protection Service, and Mobile Device Protection Service for iPhone & iPad will be terminated automatically.
AppleCare+ benefits are separate from and in addition to the Apple Limited Warranty and any legal rights provided by consumer protection laws in your jurisdiction. Purchase of the plan is not required to purchase iPhone. For complete details, see the AppleCare+ for iPhone Terms and Conditions at apple.com/jp/legal/sales-support/applecare/applecareplus/jp/ and the Theft and Loss Insurance Documentation applicable to your state at apple.com/jp/legal/sales-support/applecare/applecareplus/jp/tl/.
- Service coverage is available only for iPhone and its original included accessories that are defective in materials or workmanship or for batteries that retain less than 80% of their original capacity. Service coverage may be subject to certain restrictions. Replacement equipment that Apple provides as part of the repair or replacement service may contain new or previously used genuine Apple parts that have been tested and pass Apple functional requirements. Coverage begins on your AppleCare+ purchase date. Accidental damage means physical damage from handling due to unexpected and unintentional events. Any unused theft and loss incidents will expire after 12 months, and you will get two more theft and loss incidents to use within the next 12 months of continued coverage. Express Replacement Service is not available under the screen replacement or back glass damage service fee. The back glass damage service fee is only available for iPhone 12, iPhone 13, and iPhone 14 models.
Local telephone fees may apply. Telephone numbers and hours of operation may vary and are subject to change.
Same-day service availability and options may vary by region and iPhone model. For international service, Apple may repair or replace your iPhone and iPhone parts with a comparable iPhone model or parts that comply with local standards. Carry-in availability depends on the country in which service is requested and the location of the Apple Authorized Service Provider. See terms above for full details.
During the theft or loss claims process, you will be asked to erase your missing device, disable it, and transfer ownership before you can be issued a new device.
- Apple, the Apple Logo, AirPlay, AirPods, Apple Music, Apple Pay, Apple Pencil, Apple TV, Apple Watch, Ceramic Shield, Dynamic Island, Face ID, FaceTime, iBooks, iPad, iPhone, iTunes, Lightning, Magic Keyboard, MagSafe, ProMotion, Siri, Touch ID, TrueDepth, True Tone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. The iPhone trademark is used under license from AiPhone Co., Ltd. App Store, Apple Arcade, AppleCare+, Apple TV+, iCloud are service marks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. TM and © 2023 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
- IOS is a trademark or registered trademark of Cisco in the U.S. and other countries and is used under license.