AppleCare+ for iPad
Protect your iPad with AppleCare+.
Every iPad comes with a one-year limited warranty and 90 days of technical support. AppleCare+ for iPad extends your coverage from your AppleCare+ purchase date and includes unlimited incidents of accidental damage protection, each subject to a service fee of ¥4,400 (tax inclusive) for your iPad and ¥3,700 (tax inclusive) for Apple Pencil or Apple-branded iPad keyboard.*1
In addition, you'll get priority access to Apple experts by chat or phone.
Service and support, all in one stop
- Priority access to Apple experts by chat or phone
- Pick-up and delivery service: A courier picked up your iPad from your home or office. Once the repair is complete, Apple will return it to you.
- Carry-in repair: Take your iPad to an Apple Store or other Apple Authorized Service Provider
- Express Replacement Service: Apple will ship you a replacement device so you don't have to wait for a repair*1
Hardware coverage that even covers accidents
- Your iPad
- Apple Pencil
- Apple-branded iPad keyboard
- Included USB cable and power adapter
- Unlimited incidents of accidental damage protection, each subject to a service fee of ¥4,400 (tax inclusive) for iPad and ¥3,700 (tax inclusive) for Apple Pencil or Apple-branded iPad keyboard
Answers to all your Apple software questions
- Using iPadOS and iCloud
- Software support for FaceTime, Keynote, Numbers, Pages, and other Apple-branded iPad apps
- Connecting to wireless networks
See Apple's website for details of AppleCare+.
How to Apply and Pay
You can apply at a docomo Shop, an docomo retailer, docomo Online Shop, ahamo site or an Apple Store. Available payment methods differ depending on the application service counter.
At docomo Shops/docomo retailers/docomo Online Shop/ahamo site
|¥550/month for 24 months||iPad (10th generation)|
|¥980/month for 24 months||11-inch iPad Pro (4th generation)|
|¥1,100/month for 24 months||12.9-inch iPad Pro (6th generation)|
|¥770/month for 24 months||12.9-inch iPad Pro (5th generation)|
|[Apply on or after October 31, 2018]
¥678/month for 24 months *¥686 only for 24th month
[Apply on or before October 30, 2018]
¥431/month for 24 months
|12.9-inch iPad Pro (from 1st to 4th generation), 11-inch iPad Pro (from 1st to 3rd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro|
|¥385/month for 24 months||iPad (from 1st to 8th generation), iPad Air (from 1st to 4th generation), iPad mini (from 1st to 5th generation)|
|¥366/month for 24 months *¥382 only for 24th month||iPad mini (6th generation), iPad (9th generation)|
|¥408/month for 24 months *¥416 only for 24th month||iPad Air (5th generation)|
Applications for AppleCare+ for iPad are only accepted at the same time as you purchase an iPad.
If you would like to apply for AppleCare+ after purchasing an iPad, please purchase AppleCare+ through one of the following methods within 30 days of purchasing an applicable model.
- Purchasing on your device (go to Settings > General > About and choose AppleCare+ Coverage Available.)
- Purchasing online on Apple's website (requires you to verify your serial number and run a remote diagnostic.)
- Purchasing at an Apple Retail Store (inspection of iPad and proof of purchase are required.)
- Purchasing by calling 0120-277-5350120-277-535 (requires you to run a remote diagnostic and provide proof of purchase.)
For information about an application and purchase, visit Apple's website.
- Some shops cannot handle applications for AppleCare+ for iPad.
- If you cancel your Xi subscription or 5G subscription or apply to retain your phone number, AppleCare+ for iPad will be automatically cancelled.
- Lump-sum payment is not accepted.
- If you subscribe to this service at a DOCOMO retail store, Smart Anshin Hoshou, Mobile Device Protection & Delivery Service, Mobile Device Protection Service, and Mobile Device Protection Service for iPhone & iPad will be terminated automatically.
AppleCare+ benefits are separate from and in addition to the Apple Limited Warranty and any legal rights provided by consumer protection laws in your jurisdiction. Purchase of the plan is not required to purchase iPad. AppleCare+ is subject to acceptance of the Terms and Conditions. For complete details, see terms at apple.com/jp/legal/sales-support/applecare/applecareplus/jp/.
- Service coverage is available only for iPad, its original included accessories, one compatible Apple Pencil, and one compatible Apple-branded iPad keyboard used with your iPad or for batteries that retain less than 80% of their original capacity. Accidental damage means physical damage from handling due to unexpected and unintentional events. Replacement equipment that Apple provides as part of the repair or replacement service may contain new or previously used genuine Apple parts that have been tested and pass Apple functional requirements. AppleCare+ coverage begins on your AppleCare+ purchase date.
Local telephone fees may apply. Telephone numbers and hours of operation may vary and are subject to change.
Service coverage may be subject to certain restrictions.
- Apple, the Apple Logo, AirPlay, AirPods, Apple Music, Apple Pay, Apple Pencil, Apple TV, Apple Watch, Ceramic Shield, Dynamic Island, Face ID, FaceTime, iBooks, iPad, iPhone, iTunes, Lightning, Magic Keyboard, MagSafe, ProMotion, Siri, Touch ID, TrueDepth, True Tone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. The iPhone trademark is used under license from AiPhone Co., Ltd. App Store, Apple Arcade, AppleCare+, Apple TV+, iCloud are service marks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. TM and © 2023 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.