DOCOMO is introducing home 5G, which requires no on-site installation to set up a Wi-Fi network at home!
After subscribing, all you have to do is connect the dedicated 5G-compatible home router*1 to an outlet to set up a Wi-Fi environment that allows you to use DOCOMO's secure and reliable 5G/4G network.
Three Features of home 5G
Just connect the router to an outlet
No on-site installation is required. After subscribing, all you have to do is connect the dedicated 5G-compatible home router to an outlet to set up a Wi-Fi environment.
You can use the high-quality DOCOMO network with unlimited data.
Support for High-speed 5G Communications
- The maximum transmission speed for wireless LAN (Wi-Fi) is 1201 Mbps.*4
- 5G communications are only available in 5G areas. Please refer to Service Area Map (in Japanese only) to check 5G service areas. The data rate varies depending on the communications service provided at the device installation location.
- Depending on network congestion, communication may be slow, or connection may be difficult. If your data usage is especially high within the last three days including the current day, your data rate may become slower than customers who have not used as much data. If you use a large amount of data during a certain period of time or during a single connection, you are connected for a long time, or you connect repeatedly during a certain amount of time, your communications may be interrupted.
- The data rate is the maximum value of the technical specification when sending and receiving and does not represent the actual data rate. Communications are provided on a best-effort basis and actual data rates may differ depending on the communications environment.
- The maximum rate for receiving data is 1000 Mbps for a wired LAN network and 1201 Mbps for a wireless LAN (Wi-Fi) network. (Indicated rates are the maximum value of the technical specifications.) When connecting your device, the data rate will vary depending on your communication environment and the specifications of the connected device.
5G-compatible Home Router
The following is an introduction to the dedicated device required for using home 5G.
home 5G HR01
- 5G communications are only available in 5G areas. For details on areas, please refer to Service Area Map (in Japanese only) on DOCOMO's website. This service is also available in 4G areas.
- You need to subscribe to home 5G Plan to use HR01.
You need to subscribe to the following billing plan to use home 5G.
home 5G Plan
You can use home 5G for ¥4,950 (incl. tax) per month.
- The cost of the designated device is charged separately.
- An administrative service fee is incurred when applying at a shop.
|Administrative service fee|
|Reserve and purchase at docomo Online shop||Free|
|Reserve and purchase at a shop||¥3,300 (incl. tax)|
home 5G Plan (in Japanese only)
home 5G Set Wari
If there is a line in your Family Discount group that uses both home 5G and an applicable billing plan for smartphone, the subscriber of each line can receive a discount of up to ¥1,100 (incl. tax) from the monthly charges indefinitely with home 5G Set Wari.
- This is applicable to customers with subscriptions to 5G Gigaho Premier, 5G Gigaho, Gigaho Premier, Gigaho, 5G Gigalight (over 1 GB), or Gigalight (over 1 GB) in the same Family Discount group as the home 5G subscriber (For Gigaho or Gigalight, home 5G Set Wari is applicable to customers who subscribed on or after October 1, 2019). For 5G Gigalight/Gigalight (between over 1 GB and 3 GB), the monthly discount is ¥550 (incl. tax). This discount is not applied if you are subscribed to 5G Gigalight or Gigalight but the amount of data usage is 1 GB or less, Hajimete Sumaho Plan, or U15 Hajimete Sumaho Plan.
- If there is a line in your Family Discount group that is subscribed to both docomo Hikari and home 5G Plan, docomo Hikari set discount will apply. If there is a line in the group that is subscribed to both docomo Hikari Mini and home 5G Plan, home 5G Set Wari will apply. If the monthly charge is calculated on a per diem basis, the discount amount is also calculated per diem.
- The discount from the monthly charge for DOCOMO's Giga plan will be offered.
- DOCOMO's Giga plan is a generic term for 5G Gigaho Premier, 5G Gigaho, 5G Gigalight, Gigaho Premier, Gigaho and Gigalight.
- In the case of Gigaho or Gigalight, this discount applies to customers who subscribed to Gigaho or Gigalight on or after October 1, 2019.
Customers who subscribed on or before September 30, 2019, can become eligible by changing their billing plan to Gigaho Premier or Gigalight 2.
home 5G Set Wari (in Japanese only)
A Service Pack for Affordable Security!
The following is an introduction to a subscription service that makes home 5G more reliable and secure.
home 5G Pack
This is the affordable service pack including Mobile Device Protection Service, which covers failures on the dedicated home router, and Network Security, which provides PC security features.
An application is required to use this service. Please refer to the following for details.
Flow to Start Use
You can get started with two easy steps.
STEP 1: Application
Purchase the 5G-compatible home router HR01 and apply for home 5G Plan.
You can purchase HR01 from docomo Online shop, or at a docomo Shop or retailer. Please see How to Purchase for details.
STEP 2: Preparing for use
After purchasing the router, you will be able to use the Internet by following the steps below.
1. Registering d ACCOUNT
Register your email address to the d ACCOUNT issued to you when you purchased home 5G.
- If you apply for the plan at a docomo Shop, the staff will guide you through the registration procedure.
- If you purchased your router at docomo Online Shop, a d ACCOUNT notice will be mailed to you at a later date.
- If you are applying at docomo Online Shop, you will need to register a d ACCOUNT by yourself using your smartphone.
2. Connecting the router to an outlet
Insert the SIM card into the router and plug the router into an outlet.
- To use home 5G, you need to subscribe to home 5G Plan and purchase the dedicated HR01 router.
- You can only use it at the registered address of the installation location.
- To use it in a location other than the registered address, you will need to change the address.
3. Start using Wi-Fi
Input the network name and password written on the back of the router on your PC or smartphone to use Wi-Fi.
- You may also scan the QR code on the back of the router to connect to Wi-Fi.
How to Purchase
For using home 5G, you need to purchase the 5G-compatible home router, HR01, and apply for home 5G Plan.
How to Purchase home 5G HR01
You can purchase the product from docomo Online Shop or at a docomo Shop.
- When you purchase HR01, you will need to apply for home 5G Plan at the same time.
- d ACCOUNT is required to purchase from docomo Online Shop.
- The securing of this product is according to the reservation order while we accept the designation of the delivery date with a turn of the purchase procedure completion.
- The orders through the Online Shop made by minors can not be accepted. Please note that even orders are made, we can not take the orders.
- Please note that until the arrival of the product (if docomo UIM card is issued, until the start of use), the next product cannot be purchased.
Conditions of Provision
Please check the Conditions of Provision for details on the billing plan and discount service.
docomo Shop/d garden
All shops provide this support service through interpreters, to enable foreign language speaking customers to stop by freely and comfortably.
Inquiries by Phone
open all year round
From DOCOMO mobile Phones
Available languages: English, Portuguese, Chinese, and Spanish.
9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Only from a DOCOMO mobile phone or DOCOMO Smartphone.
From landline phones etc.
Available languages: English, Portuguese, Chinese, and Spanish.
9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- May not be accessible from some IP phones.
- Wi-Fi is a registered trademark of the Wi-Fi Alliance.
- QR code is a registered trademark of DENSO WAVE INCORPORATED.