May 18, 2016
Notice of Results of Stock Repurchase through Off-Auction Own Share Repurchase Trading System (ToSTNeT-3)
TOKYO, JAPAN, May 18, 2016 --- NTT DOCOMO, INC. hereby announces that it repurchased shares of its common stock today, pursuant to the announcement made on May 17, 2016, as described below.
1. Reason for Stock Repurchase
To improve capital efficiency and to enable the flexible implementation of the Company's capital policy in response to changing business environment.
2. Details of Repurchase
- Class of shares repurchased: Common stock
- Total number of shares repurchased: 9,021,000 shares
(equal to 0.24% of total issued shares excluding treasury shares)
- Aggregate repurchased amount: 24,433,378,500 yen
- Date of repurchase: May 18, 2016
- Method of repurchase: Through the Tokyo Stock Exchange Trading Network Off-Auction Own Share Repurchase Trading System (ToSTNeT-3)
Details of the resolution approved at the board of directors' meeting held on January 29, 2016.
- Class of shares to be repurchased: Common stock
- Total number of shares to be repurchased: Up to 220,000,000 shares
(equal to 5.67% of total issued shares excluding treasury shares)
- Aggregate repurchase amount: Up to 500,000,000,000 yen
- Repurchase status as of May 18, 2016:
- i. Total number of shares repurchased: 129,888,062 shares
- ii. Aggregate repurchased amount: 331,919,184,228 yen
About NTT DOCOMO
NTT DOCOMO provides innovative, convenient and secure mobile services that enable smarter living for each customer. The company serves over 70 million mobile customers in Japan via advanced wireless networks, including a nationwide LTE network and one of the world's most progressive LTE-Advanced networks. DOCOMO is a leading developer of a 5G network that it plans to deploy by 2020, as well as network function virtualization (NFV), NFC infrastructure and services, emerging IoT solutions, and more. Outside Japan, the company is providing technical and operational expertise to seven mobile operators and other partner companies, and is contributing to the global standardization of all-new mobile technologies. DOCOMO is listed on stock exchanges in Tokyo (9437) and New York (DCM). Please visit https://www.docomo.ne.jp/english/.