September 30, 2015
DOCOMO Launches 13 New Mobile Devices for Winter/Spring Lineup
TOKYO, JAPAN, September 30, 2015---NTT DOCOMO, INC. unveiled today its 2015 winter/2016 spring lineup of mobile devices — 10 smartphones, one each tablet, feature phone and mobile Wi-Fi® router — which will launch in Japan from October.
The diverse new collection will satisfy a wide range of needs in a variety of colors and sizes and features advanced mobile technologies, including an ultra-HD 4K camera and display, an expanded lineup of smartphones with biometric authentication, smartphones and one mobile Wi-Fi router compatible with DOCOMO's LTE-Advanced next-generation mobile communication service PREMIUM 4GTM, and more.
Some of the many features of DOCOMO's new lineup are as follows:
- The XperiaTM Z5 Premium SO-03H is a world-first1 ultra-HD 4K smartphone. Users will be able to shoot and watch videos at four times the resolution of Full HD.
- Seven smartphones and one Wi-Fi router are compatible with DOCOMO's ultra-fast PREMIUM 4G LTE-Advanced. Of these, the AQUOS® ZETA SH-01H and the Wi-Fi STATION N-01H offer a maximum 300Mbps2 downlink, enabling exceptionally fast transmission of large amounts of data, such as video files.
- The XperiaTM Z5 SO-01H and other five smartphones feature biometric authentication supported by the FIDO® (Fast IDentity Online) Alliance, an international nonprofit organization driving standardization of password-less online authentication. This technology eliminates the need to physically input a password when using online shopping sites, including DOCOMO's own e-commerce portal "d shoppingTM."
- The NexusTM 5X smartphone is preinstalled with Google's latest AndroidTM 6.0 operating system. Other DOCOMO smartphones will be upgraded to Android 6.0 soon.
- The newest model in the Disney Mobile on docomo series, a collaboration with The Walt Disney Company (Japan) Ltd., features unique designs and content.
- Nine smartphones in the lineup are compatible with Voice-over-LTE (VoLTE) international calls outside of Japan. Extra-high-quality voice and video calls will be possible via DOCOMO's WORLD WINGTM outbound roaming service, starting in October 7 initially in South Korea. DOCOMO will be the first mobile operator in Japan to offer VoLTE international roaming service3 which it will expand into other countries going forward.
- One feature phone is compatible with i-modeTM and features the Osaifu-KeitaiTM (mobile phone with wallet functions), Bluetooth® and robust dust- and water-proofing.
- New products, including OHaNAS, an interactive voice-activated toy developed by DOCOMO and TOMY Company, Ltd., will be added to the lineup for "docomo select," a mobile shopping site dedicated to accessories and peripherals for DOCOMO smartphones, tablets and feature phones.
Launch dates and detailed specifications for all models are listed in the attachment.
(Open a PDF file)(Attachment) Selected Features and Specifications (PDF format: 81KB)
docomo Feature Phone
- 1 Based on Sony Mobile Communications research as of September 29, 2015.
- 2 Maximum downlink speed of 300Mbps is only available in selected areas. Downlink speeds are theoretical maximums and services are provided on a best-effort basis. Speeds may vary depending on network traffic or transmission environments.
- 3 According to DOCOMO research on services provided by other mobile operators as of September 29, 2015.
- All devices are under development, and the specifications are subject to change.
- Wi-Fi is a registered trademark of the Wi-Fi Alliance.
- PREMIUM 4G, d shopping, WORLD WING, i-mode and Osaifu-Keitai are trademarks of NTT DOCOMO, INC.
- NTT DOCOMO's PREMIUM 4G, d shopping, WORLD WING, i-mode and Osaifu-Keitai are only available to subscribers in Japan.
- Xperia is a trademark of Sony Mobile Communications Inc.
- AQUOS is a registered trademark of Sharp Corporation.
- FIDO is a registered trademark of FIDO Alliance, Inc.
- Nexus and Android are trademarks of Google Inc.
- Bluetooth is a registered trademark of Bluetooth SIG Inc.
- All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
About NTT DOCOMO
NTT DOCOMO provides innovative, convenient and secure mobile services that enable smarter living for each customer. The company serves over 67 million mobile customers in Japan via advanced wireless networks, including a nationwide LTE network and one of the world's most progressive LTE-Advanced networks. DOCOMO is a leading developer of a 5G network that it plans to deploy by 2020, as well as network function virtualization (NFV), NFC infrastructure and services, emerging IoT solutions, and more. Outside Japan, the company is providing technical and operational expertise to seven mobile operators and other partner companies, and is contributing to the global standardization of all-new mobile technologies. DOCOMO is listed on stock exchanges in Tokyo (9437) and New York (DCM). Please visit https://www.docomo.ne.jp/english/.
In order to view PDF files, you must have the Page will open in a new window.Adobe® Reader® plug-in offered free of charge from Adobe Systems, Inc. When viewing the PDF files with Adobe® Acrobat®, use version 10 or later.