October 10, 2013
NTT DOCOMO Unveils 16 New Mobile Devices
— Unique New Features Meet Diverse Mobile Needs —
TOKYO, JAPAN, October 10, 2013 --- NTT DOCOMO, INC., a personalized mobile solutions provider for smarter living, unveiled today its 2013 winter/2014 spring lineup of mobile devices — including 10 smartphones, one tablet, two feature phones, one photo panel and two mobile Wi-Fi® routers — which will launch in Japan on or after October 11. The new collection satisfies the mobile needs of a broad range of customers, from experienced smartphone users to conventional feature phone users.
Some of the many special features of DOCOMO's new lineup are as follows:
- Nine smartphones and one tablet with 2,000mAh or greater large-capacity batteries for 50-72 hours, or longer, of typical usage for browsing, app use and talk time.
- All smartphones and tablet compatible with DOCOMO's extra-high-speed XiTM LTE service, with eight models capable of 150Mbps maximum downlink in the 1.7GHz band.
- First two mobile Wi-Fi routers equipped for Xi LTE service for maximum downlink of 150Mbps and Wi-Fi in the stable 5GHz band.
- Nine smartphones and one tablet equipped with enhanced, energy-efficient single chip quad-core CPUs for maximized enjoyment of high-quality mobile games and video.
- Nine smartphones and one tablet installed with docomo LIVE UXTM home screen application for seamless access between home screens and app list, and user-customized information and content displayed in a unique magazine format.
- Nine smartphones and one tablet offering easy setup of new "docomo ID" universal user authentication, which works with multiple devices, operators and networks for convenient access to email, cloud address book and other DOCOMO mobile services.
- Two collaboration smartphones featuring special designs and content created respectively with The Walt Disney Company (Japan) Ltd. and SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD., maker of best-selling role-playing game DRAGON QUEST®. SH-01F DRAGON QUEST, installed with "DRAGON QUEST VIII: Journey of the Cursed King®," is limited to 30,000 units.
- Second model in smartphone series tailored specifically for pre-teens, and two feature phones for conventional mobile users.
The 2013 winter/2014 spring lineup also includes wearable devices, including the wristwatch-type GALAXY Gear for voice calls and emailing when synchronized with a GALAXY smartphone, and the wristband-type "move bandTM" for easy recording and tracking of health data, such as daily walking steps, calorie consumption and sleep hours.
Launch dates and detailed specifications for all models are listed in the attachment.
(Open a PDF file)(Attachment) Selected Features and Specifications (PDF format: 181KB)
docomo Feature Phone
- All devices are under development, and the specifications are subject to change.
- Xi and docomo LIVE UX are trademarks of NTT DOCOMO, INC.
- Xi is only available to subscribers in Japan.
- Wi-Fi is a registered trademark of the Wi-Fi Alliance.
- DRAGON QUEST and JOURNEY OF THE CURSED KING are trademarks or registered trademarks of the Square Enix Group.
- move band is a trademark of docomo Healthcare, Inc.
- All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
About NTT DOCOMO
NTT DOCOMO provides innovative, convenient and secure mobile services that enable smarter living for each customer. The company serves over 61 million mobile customers in Japan via advanced wireless networks, including a nationwide 3G network and one of the world's first commercial LTE networks. Leveraging its unique capabilities as a mobile operator, DOCOMO is a leading developer of cutting-edge technologies for NFC mobile payments, mobile GPS, mobile TV, intuitive mobile assistance, environmental monitoring, smart grids and much more. Overseas, the company provides technical and operational expertise to eight mobile operators and other partner companies. NTT DOCOMO is listed on the Tokyo (9437), London (NDCM) and New York (DCM) stock exchanges. Please visit https://www.docomo.ne.jp/english/ for more information.
In order to view PDF files, you must have the Page will open in a new window.Adobe® Reader® plug-in offered free of charge from Adobe Systems, Inc. When viewing the PDF files with Adobe® Acrobat®, use version 10 or later.