May 15, 2013
NTT DOCOMO Unveils 11 New Mobile Devices in 2013 Summer Lineup
— Extensive Range Satisfies Diverse User Needs for Innovative Mobility —
TOKYO, JAPAN, May 15, 2013 --- NTT DOCOMO, INC., a personalized mobile solutions provider for smarter living, announced today its 2013 summer lineup of 11 models, including nine smartphones, one tablet and one Raku-Raku ("easy-easy") SMART PHONE, for launch in Japan on or after May 17. The new collection meets a broad range of mobile needs for both existing smartphone users and first-time owners seeking enhanced safety and security along with extra-convenient and innovative solutions.
Some of the many attractive features of DOCOMO's new lineup are as follows:
- All models with large-capacity batteries rated at 2,000mAh or more, capable of more than 45 hours of normal browsing, app use and talk time. Five models equipped with batteries over 2,500mAh.
- Four smartphones offering touch-free operation of apps by simply hovering a finger over the screen.
- Two smartphones installed with "docomo Simple UI," an extra-easy user interface for smartphone beginners.
- Nine smartphones and one tablet compatible with NOTTVTM, the V-high multimedia broadcasting service in Japan. Live and programmed video recording for NOTTV are offered for the first time.
- One smartphone and one tablet compatible with the high-resolution Full Seg terrestrial digital TV service.
- All models compatible with DOCOMO's XiTM ("crossy") LTE mobile service for a max. downlink of 100Mbps in the 2GHz, 1.5GHz and 800MHz bands.
- All smartphones and one tablet equipped with enhanced quad-core CPUs for maximized enjoyment of mobile games and video content.
- Nine smartphones equipped for Type A/B and FeliCa® NFC standards, of which eight smartphones are compatible with various Type A/B mobile payment services overseas.
The 2013 summer lineup includes the Raku-Raku SMART PHONE2, the new version of the Raku-Raku SMART PHONE launched in August 2012. As a special introductory offer, the "Xi Raku-Raku Pake-hodai" flat-rate packet service costing just 2,980 yen per month will launch with the Raku-Raku SMART PHONE2.
The lineup includes new body colors for two popular feature phones that were launched in the 2012 winter lineup.
Two models have been specially designed to enable easy operation with one hand.
The launch date of each model is listed in the attachment.
In conjunction with the 2013 summer lineup, DOCOMO has reorganized its mobile devices into the following categories: docomo Smartphone, docomo Feature Phone, docomo Tablet, docomo Raku-Raku PHONE and docomo Kids&Juniors.
(Open a PDF file)(Attachment) Selected Features and Specification (PDF format: 49KB)
docomo Raku-Raku PHONE
- All devices are under development, and the specifications are subject to change.
- Xi is trademark of NTT DOCOMO, INC.
- Xi is only available to subscribers in Japan.
- NOTTV is a trademark of mmbi, Inc.
- NOTTV is only available to subscribers in Japan.
- FeliCa is a registered trademark of Sony Corporation.
- Xperia is a trademark or registered trademark of Sony Mobile Communications AB.
- AQUOS PHONE and AQUOS PAD are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sharp Corporation.
- MEDIAS is a trademark or registered trademark of NEC CASIO Mobile Communications, Ltd
- ELUGA is a trademark of Panasonic Corporation.
- All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
About NTT DOCOMO
NTT DOCOMO provides innovative, convenient and secure mobile services that enable smarter living for each customer. The company serves over 61 million mobile customers in Japan via advanced wireless networks, including a nationwide 3G network and one of the world's first commercial LTE networks. Leveraging its unique capabilities as a mobile operator, DOCOMO is a leading developer of cutting-edge technologies for NFC mobile payments, mobile GPS, mobile TV, intuitive mobile assistance, environmental monitoring, smart grids and much more. Overseas, the company provides technical and operational expertise to eight mobile operators and other partner companies. NTT DOCOMO is listed on the Tokyo (9437), London (NDCM) and New York (DCM) stock exchanges. Please visit https://www.docomo.ne.jp/english/ for more information.
In order to view PDF files, you must have the Page will open in a new window.Adobe® Reader® plug-in offered free of charge from Adobe Systems, Inc. When viewing the PDF files with Adobe® Acrobat®, use version 10 or later.