April 26, 2013
Notice Concerning Stock Split, Adoption of Unit Share System and Partial Amendments to the Articles of Incorporation, and ADS Ratio Change
TOKYO, JAPAN, April 26, 2013 --- NTT DOCOMO, INC. (the "Company") hereby announces that on April 26, 2013, the Board of Directors decided to conduct a stock split, adopt a unit share system, partially amend the Articles of Incorporation and change the ratio of American Depositary Shares (ADS) in relation to underlying shares.
We would also like to announce that the Company's Board of Directors decided to submit a proposal on "Partial Amendments to the Articles of Incorporation" to the 22nd Ordinary General Meeting of Shareholders to be held on Tuesday, June 18, 2013 with regard to the establishment of new articles concerning the rights pertaining to shares less than one unit and the additional purchase of shares less than one unit included in the Articles of Incorporation partial amendments.
Purpose of the stock split, adoption of the unit share system and partial amendments to the Articles of Incorporation
In response to the "Action Plan for Consolidating Trading Units" announced by stock exchanges of Japan in November 2007, the Company will conduct a 1:100 stock split and adopt a unit share system which sets a share-trading unit as 100 shares. Please note that there will be no effective change in the investment units due to the stock split and adoption of the unit share system.
1. Stock split
- Method of the stock split
Monday, September 30, 2013 shall be the record date of the stock split. Each of the Company's common shares held by shareholders whose names are stated or recorded in the latest Registry of Shareholders on the record date will be split at a ratio of 1:100.
- Number of increase in shares due to the stock split
Total number of issued shares before the stock split: 43,650,000 shares Number of increase in shares due to the stock split: 4,321,350,000 shares Total number of issued shares after the stock split: 4,365,000,000 shares Total number of authorized shares after the stock split: 17,460,000,000 shares
- Schedule of the stock split
Public notice date of the record date: Friday, September 13, 2013 Record date: Monday, September 30, 2013 Effective date: Tuesday, October 1, 2013
2. Adoption of the unit share system
- Number of shares constituting one unit
The adoption of the unit share system shall take effect on the effective date in "1. Stock split" above, and the number of shares to constitute a share-trading unit shall be 100 shares.
- Schedule for the establishment of the new unit share system
Effective date: Tuesday, October 1, 2013
(Reference) Effective on Thursday, September 26, 2013, the share-trading unit for the common stock of the Company shall be changed to 100 shares on the stock exchanges.
3. Partial amendment to the Articles of Incorporation
- Reasons for amendment
- Accompanying "1. Stock split" and "2. Adoption of the unit share system" above, the Company shall make amendment to Article 6 (Total Number of Shares to be Issued)1, and newly establish Article 7 (Share-Trading Unit)1, Article 8 (Rights pertaining to Shares Less than One Unit)2 and Article 9 (Additional Purchases of Shares Less than One Unit)2.
- The Company shall renumber existing articles2 due to the new establishment of Article 7, Article 8 and Article 9 as mentioned in 1).
- Description of amendments
(Open a PDF file)Appendix (PDF format: 68KB)
- Schedule of amendments
Effective date: Tuesday, October 1, 2013
4. Change of ratio of ADS to underlying shares
- Purpose of change of ratio of ADS
The purpose is to change the ratio of ADS in relation to underlying shares to match the stock split and maintain the current level of investment unit price used for ADS.
- Overview of change of ratio of ADS in relation to underlying shares
- Current ratio: 1 ADS = 0.01 underlying shares
- New ratio: 1 ADS = 1 underlying shares
- Effective date of new ratio: October 1, 2013 (U.S. EST)
- Temporarily closure of the ADS depositary facility:
Thursday, September 26, 2013 - Monday, September 30, 2013 (U.S. EST)
- Date of commencement of trading under new ratio: October 1, 2013 (U.S. EST)
About NTT DOCOMO
NTT DOCOMO provides innovative, convenient and secure mobile services that enable smarter living for each customer. The company serves over 61 million mobile customers in Japan via advanced wireless networks, including a nationwide 3G network and one of the world's first commercial LTE networks. Leveraging its unique capabilities as a mobile operator, DOCOMO is a leading developer of cutting-edge technologies for NFC mobile payments, mobile GPS, mobile TV, intuitive mobile assistance, environmental monitoring, smart grids and much more. Overseas, the company provides technical and operational expertise to eight mobile operators and other partner companies. NTT DOCOMO is listed on the Tokyo (9437), London (NDCM) and New York (DCM) stock exchanges. Please visit https://www.docomo.ne.jp/english/ for more information.
In order to view PDF files, you must have the Page will open in a new window.Adobe® Reader® plug-in offered free of charge from Adobe Systems, Inc. When viewing the PDF files with Adobe® Acrobat®, use version 10 or later.