January 22, 2013
NTT DOCOMO Unveils 12 New Mobile Devices
— 5 Models to Link with Home Electronics and Play Full-HD under New Initiative —
TOKYO, JAPAN, January 22, 2013 --- NTT DOCOMO, INC. announced today its 2013 spring lineup of 12 models that will launch in sequence beginning on January 25. The lineup includes 11 smartphones and tablets, plus one mobile Wi-Fi® router. For maximized ease of use, the models feature upgraded versions of numerous popular functions introduced in the 2012 winter lineup.
Some of the new and prominent features of the lineup include:
- First DOCOMO smartphones capable of full-HD for superb high-definition video.
- Compatible with DOCOMO's XiTM ("crossy") LTE service for max. downlink of 112.5 Mbps (some areas), the fastest LTE connection in Japan as of January 21.
- A large selection of models featuring quad-core CPUs for increased enjoyment of mobile games and videos.
- Many models running on AndroidTM 4.1.
- Large-capacity batteries (2,000mAh or more) for power-thirsty users.
- Smartphone model with special safety and security features for preteens.
Also announced today was "docomo Smart Home," an all-new initiative for sharing videos, music and other content between smartphones and home electronics, realizing a convenient new way to enjoy high-definition digital content both at home and on the move.
As part of this initiative, the new spring lineup offers the "dtab," a Wi-Fi-dedicated tablet with special features for DOCOMO services such as the dmarketTM portal, and the "SmartTV dstick," a small flash drive-like HDMI device for enjoying movies and animation from dmarket, etc. on large-screen televisions.
In addition, new functions have been added to the TwonkyTM Beam app, which enables DOCOMO smartphones to play full-HD digital-terrestrial and broadcast-satellite programs that are stored on the user's Blu-rayTM recording devices at home.
Detailed information about the docomo Smart Home initiative, as well as the new models and their launch schedules, are provided in the attachments.
- (Open a PDF file)(Attachment) docomo Smart Home Initiative (PDF format: 104KB)
- (Open a PDF file)(Attachment) Selected Features and Specification (PDF format: 88KB)
docomo with series
docomo NEXT series
- All devices are under development, and the specifications are subject to change.
- Xi, dtab, dmarket and dstick are trademarks of NTT DOCOMO, INC.
- Xi, dtab, dmarket and dstick are only available to subscribers in Japan.
- Wi-Fi is a registered trademark of the Wi-Fi Alliance.
- Android is a trademark or registered trademark of Google Inc.
- Twonky is a trademark or registered trademark of PacketVideo Corporation.
- Blu-ray is a trademark of Blu-ray Disc Association.
- All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
About NTT DOCOMO
NTT DOCOMO is a world-leading integrated-services company centered on mobility. The company serves over 60 million mobile customers in Japan via advanced wireless networks, including a nationwide 3G network and one of the world's first commercial LTE networks. Leveraging its unique capabilities as a mobile operator, DOCOMO is a leading developer of cutting-edge technologies for NFC mobile payments, mobile GPS, mobile TV, intuitive mobile assistance, environmental monitoring, smart grids and much more. Overseas, the company provides technical and operational expertise to eight mobile operators and other partner companies. NTT DOCOMO is listed on the Tokyo (9437), London (NDCM) and New York (DCM) stock exchanges. Please visit https://www.docomo.ne.jp/english/ for more information.
In order to view PDF files, you must have the Page will open in a new window.Adobe® Reader® plug-in offered free of charge from Adobe Systems, Inc. When viewing the PDF files with Adobe® Acrobat®, use version 10 or later.