- The parties to this alliance will commence discussions towards technological cooperation in developing and enabling a global unique seamless solution for the provision of M2M communications to multinational customers.
- The alliance members will continuously cooperate with the aim of further development of the M2M market and improvement of customer convenience.
- The initiative is open to other operators.
The Hague, Tokyo, Toronto, Singapore, Madrid, Melbourne, Moscow, July 10, 2012 --- A total of seven world mobile operators, KPN,
More specifically, the alliance covers technological cooperation to enable a global, unique seamless solution for the provision of communications to multinational customers requiring M2M devices connectivity.
It is expected that, as a result of this joint collaboration, all the participant companies will increase their capability to offer better value propositions to their respective customers in different markets and geographies.
The global alliance in providing a global product featuring a unique SIM, and an united web interface and centralized management of status and usage of M2M devices globally, via the Jasper Wireless Control Center, is expected to result in cost reduction and enhancement of user experience and convenience.
The goal is to stimulate the sale of M2M communications across a number of distinct high-potential industries such as consumer electronics, automotive, energy efficiency, etc. enabling the development of new business models, the creation of new products and services and a reduction in operational costs for these target industries.
The alliance members will continuously cooperate with the aim of enhancing the development of the market dynamics and the enrichment of the customer experiences, with a specific focus on meeting the expectations and requirements of existing and potential global customers.
- About KPN
- KPN is the leading telecommunications and ICT service provider in the Netherlands, offering wireline and wireless telephony, internet and TV to consumers and end-to-end telecom and ICT services to business customers. In Germany and Belgium, KPN pursues a Challenger strategy in its wireless operations and holds number three market positions through E-Plus and BASE. KPN provides wholesale network services to third parties and operates an efficient IP-based infrastructure with global scale in international wholesale through iBasis. For M2M we offer PAN European solutions.
At December 31st, 2011, KPN served over 44.5 million customers, of which 36.6 million were in wireless services, 4 million in wireline voice, 2.5 million in broadband Internet and 1.4 million in TV. With 18,687 FTEs in the Netherlands (31,084 FTEs for the whole group), KPN reported full-year revenues of EUR 13.1bn and an EBITDA of EUR 5.1bn in 2011. KPN was incorporated in 1989 and is listed on the Amsterdam Stock Exchange.
NTT DOCOMO NTT DOCOMOis a world-leading integrated-services company centered on mobility. The company serves over 60 million mobile customers in Japan via advanced wireless networks, including a nationwide 3G network and one of the world’s first commercial LTE networks. Leveraging its unique capabilities as a mobile operator, DOCOMO is a leading developer of cutting-edge technologies for NFC mobile payments, mobile GPS, mobile TV, intuitive mobile assistance, environmental monitoring, smart grids and much more. Overseas, the company provides technical and operational expertise to eight mobile operators and other partner companies. NTT DOCOMOis listed on the Tokyo (9437), London (NDCM) and New York (DCM) stock exchanges. Please visit www.docomo.ne.jp/english for more information.
- About Rogers
- Rogers Communications is a diversified Canadian communications and media company. We are Canada’s largest provider of wireless voice and data communications services and one of Canada’s leading providers of cable television, high-speed Internet and telephony services. Through Rogers Media we are engaged in radio and television broadcasting, televised shopping, magazines and trade publications, sports entertainment, and digital media. We are publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: RCI.A and RCI.B) and on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: RCI).
- About SingTel
- SingTel is Asia’s leading communications group providing a portfolio of services including voice and data solutions over fixed, wireless and Internet platforms as well as infocomm technology and pay TV. The Group has presence in Asia and Africa with 445 million mobile customers in 26 countries, including Bangladesh, India, Indonesia, Pakistan, the Philippines and Thailand. It also has a vast network of offices throughout Asia Pacific, Europe and the United States.
- Telefónica Digital is a global business division of Telefónica. Its mission is to seize the opportunities within the digital world and deliver new growth for Telefonica through research & development, venture capital, global partnerships and digital services such as cloud computing, mobile advertising, M2M solutions and eHealth. Telefonica Digital will deliver these innovative products and services to Telefónica’s 300 million customers as well as leveraging the power of the internet to enter new markets. It is headquartered in London with regional centres in Silicon Valley, Sao Paolo, Spain and Tel Aviv. Jajah, Terra, Tuenti, giffgaff and 48 are all part of the Telefonica Group.
- Telstra is Australia’s leading telecommunications and information services company, with one of the best known brands in the country. Telstra offers a full range of services and competes in all telecommunications markets throughout the country. Telstra has Australia’s largest fully integrated IP network and Australia’s largest and fastest mobile broadband network, the Telstra Mobile network, comprising 3G-HSPA+ (across the entire coverage footprint) and 4G-LTE technology (in more than 100 locations across Australia) operating together. Telstra also has an international presence spanning 15 countries, including China.
- About VimpelCom
- VimpelCom is one of the world’s largest integrated telecommunications services operators providing voice and data services through a range of traditional and broadband mobile and fixed technologies in Russia, Italy, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Armenia, Georgia, Kyrgyzstan, Cambodia, Laos, Algeria, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Burundi, Zimbabwe, Central African Republic and Canada. VimpelCom’s operations around the globe cover territory with a total population of approximately 782 million people. VimpelCom provides services under the "Beeline", "Kyivstar", "djuice", “Wind”, "Infostrada" “Mobilink”, “Leo”, “banglalink”, “Telecel”, and “Djezzy” brands. As of March 31, 2012 VimpelCom had 209 million mobile subscribers on a combined basis. VimpelCom is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol (VIP). For more information visit: http://www.vimpelcom.com