TOKYO, JAPAN, May 16, 2012 ---
DOCOMO’s new smartphone and tablet lineup, which covers an exceptionally broad range of specifications, is designed to satisfy diverse needs at a time when smart devices are becoming an increasingly essential and ubiquitous part of daily life.
For the first time, for example, the
DOCOMO also has launched a number of initiatives for enhanced security and customer support to ensure that all smartphone and tablet models in the summer 2012 lineup can be used with peace of mind.
Key features of DOCOMO’s new lineup of smartphones and tablet are as follow:
- All models run on Android™ 4.0.
- All eight “NEXT” series smartphones, three “with” series smartphones and the lineup’s slim, stylish W-Fi router are compatible with DOCOMO’s Xi LTE service for extra-fast access and navigation.
- Most of the devices are compatible with the updated docomo Anshin Scan™ service, which features a new alarm system warning users about fraudulent sites for extra-safe browsing, in addition to its existing virus scan feature.
- All models are expected to be compatible with Smartphone Anshin Remote Support™, a call center that can send easy-to-follow prompts to the user’s screen to show them how to set up and operate their devices.
- Most models can access Sumaho Onayami Support Menu, a portal of handy, flowchart-style resources for smartphone troubleshooting, fun tips about device usage, terminology and introductions to useful content.
- Potent processing power, including one model with a quad-core CPU and 12 models with dual-core CPUs for enjoying rich applications and high-resolution videos and games on the high-speed Xi network.
- Smartphone sizes to suit all needs, from smaller models that fit snugly in one’s palm to large 5-inch screens for easy viewing of e-books and similar content.
- Four smartphones and the tablet are compatible with NOTTV™, a V-high multimedia broadcasting service.
- Two collaboration smartphones, one featuring the fashion brand ANTEPRIMA and the other the manga comic series JOJO, with exclusive content preinstalled.
- Many models offer highly in-demand features such as water resistance, NFC, infrared communications and One-Seg terrestrial digital broadcasting.
- Six models are expected to feature the preinstalled “Twonky Beam” app, which allows users to enjoy recorded digital terrestrial contents and others on their smartphones, as well as wirelessly transmitting browsed content such as videos, images or music to large-screen televisions or audio systems.
(Attachment) Selected Features and Specifications: docomo with series
(Attachment) Selected Features and Specifications: docomo NEXT series
(Attachment) Selected Features and Specifications: docomo Tablet
(Attachment) Selected Features and Specifications:
(Attachment) Selected Features and Specifications: Others (2 models)
- About NTT DOCOMO
NTT DOCOMOis a world-leading integrated-services company centered on mobility. The company serves over 60 million mobile customers in Japan via advanced wireless networks, including a nationwide 3G network and one of the world’s first commercial LTE networks. Leveraging its unique capabilities as a mobile operator, DOCOMO is a leading developer of cutting-edge technologies for NFC mobile payments, mobile GPS, mobile TV, intuitive mobile assistance, environmental monitoring, smart grids and much more. Overseas, the company provides technical and operational expertise to eight mobile operators and other partner companies. NTT DOCOMO is listed on the Tokyo (9437), London (NDCM) and New York (DCM) stock exchanges. Please visit www.docomo.ne.jp/english for more information.
All devices are under development, and the specifications are subject to change.
Xi (crossy) is a trademark or registered trademark of
Xi (crossy) is only available to subscribers in Japan.
Smartphone Anshin Enkaku Support and Docomo Anshin Scan are trademarks of
Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
NOTTV is a trademark of mmbi, Inc.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.